Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Moonbot Studios is a multi-platform storytelling studio specializing in feature-quality animation, traditional publishing and mobile app development. Moonbot employs a select group of animators, digital artists, programmers and developers who produce award-winning films, books and digital media. For further information, visit http://www.moonbotstudios.com.Job Title: Storyboard Artist
Job Hours: 45 hours per week - Contract
Reports to: Directors and Head of Production
Moonbot Studios is looking for a talented Storyboard Artist with two to three years of experience for a temporary contract position. This Story Artist will be able to visualize character mood, action and cinematography through the director’s verbal descriptions and translate this to layout and storyboards. He or she will have the ability to create clear and refined boards that are easily understood by directors and animators and be able to also present their ideas and pitches to these team members.
- Strong drawing and perspective skills
- Must be able to follow an established design style, if required
- Basic knowledge of film, acting, and animation is required
- Solid understanding of layout, composition, sequential drawing and editing
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with the creation of animatics and editing software is a plus but not required
- Ability to take direction and make necessary changes
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Self-managed and self-disciplined with the ability to take direction and constructive criticism and adapt accordingly
- Experience working in a collaborative environment and taking direction
- Must take initiative in handling assigned duties and additional tasks which will aid the function of the organization
- Must be flexible. As with any mid-size studio, members of the Moonbot team wear multiple hats. Our employees approach their jobs in a serious manner but in an environment that is conducive to free expression and creativity
- Must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States and be willing to relocate temporarily to Shreveport, Louisiana
Submit resumes & links to reels to Moonbot: Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Friday, April 11, 2014
Our collaboration with Chipotle Mexican Grill, "The Scarecrow" has been nominated a Webby Award in four categories. “The Scarecrow” film and game are designed to help educate people about the world of industrial food production that supplies much of what they eat.
You can help The Scarecrow win a People’s Voice Award by casting your vote online.
To vote, please click on the following links:
1. Integrated Campaigns
2. Branded Content
4. Game or Application
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Great little short film showing a chair being built, it had to have taken a ton of patience sticking with this through the whole process.
Yosemite HD II from Project Yosemite on Vimeo.
Some of the best timelapse I’ve seen. I’ve always found night time time lapse to be really impressive, it really gives you a sense of how big the universe is.
Impressive, looks like something straight out of a video game.
Really great visual and audio combination.
Two prototype designs, one by aerospace and defense giant Lockheed Martin and one by aerospace start-up Advanced Tactics, offer possible paths for the automated flying car to become a reality on future battlefields ruled by robots.
We may finally see flying cars.
Oh, and this
because it's amazing.